Mani Mantra product

Living and practicing the Dhamma as a householder, among family and friends.
Inedible

Mani Mantra product

Post by Inedible »

There is this website that says it has 100,000 repetitions of the Mani Mantra on it.

http://rechargingqigong.com/the-interna ... ogram.html

Multiple voices and subliminal repetitions.

A friend bought it years ago and lost his copy. I just tried to buy it but my credit card declined. Sure, I shouldn't be spending so much money, but I think it had more to do with the website being so sketchy and disreputable. I'm not that close to my credit limit.

But the point is that it would be nice to have. I listened to it years ago so I got my 100,000 repetitions in. It would be nice to get some more. The thing is, though, hearing mantras subliminally can't really count. Can it?
Nicholas

Re: Mani Mantra product

Post by Nicholas »

Inedible wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:38 am The thing is, though, hearing mantras subliminally can't really count. Can it?
No such thing as subliminal hearing anything. So no, does not count.

Get a mani prayer wheel. Many of those made in the last 20 years or so have zillions of microfilm copies of the mantra inside. Thus one can easily get your 100K repetitions that way.

But that lazy approach gains much less merit than mental or spoken Manis.
Truth is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha
Inedible

Re: Mani Mantra product

Post by Inedible »

Good thinking. I should have thought of that.

Edit:

One more thing to add. It turns out there are solar-powered prayer wheels.