Beyond Meat

Nonviolent expressions of the Dharma, vegetarian debate
DNS
Site Admin

Beyond Meat

Post by DNS »

The popular beyond meat burgers, which is being sold in groceries and now some fast food restaurants, is going public on Wall Street today.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspecu ... 3cc8db5fd3

Perhaps a sign that vegetarian diets are increasing in popularity. :thumbsup:
Nicholas

Re: Beyond Meat

Post by Nicholas »

DNS wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:22 pm The popular beyond meat burgers, which is being sold in groceries and now some fast food restaurants, is going public on Wall Street today.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspecu ... 3cc8db5fd3

Perhaps a sign that vegetarian diets are increasing in popularity. :thumbsup:
Have you ever tasted one? If it is mainly soy based, I may pass on that.

After years of reduction of meat & fish in my diet and a return to a vegetarian regimen, I have decided to drop eggs & dairy and go Vegan. Will see how that goes.
A true mind and true intent bring truth within truth. True practice and true cultivation take the truth beyond truth. True behavior and true conduct add truth to truth. In everything and every way, be true, true, true. Master Hua
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Nicholas wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:49 pm Have you ever tasted one? If it is mainly soy based, I may pass on that.
Yes, it tastes good. I believe it is soy based.
After years of reduction of meat & fish in my diet and a return to a vegetarian regimen, I have decided to drop eggs & dairy and go Vegan. Will see how that goes.
:thumbsup:

I'm about 95% vegan as the only animal products I eat are the occasional eggs or some small amounts found in salad dressings and other foods.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Holy cow!
Beyond Meat stock up +$29.45 today. Wonder if it will continue or if copy-cat companies will emerge, stabilizing or lowering it's value?

NASDAQ: BYND
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

I should note Beyond (company) is different from the Impossible burger which is Impossible Foods and is the company that makes the super-realistic (meat tasting) burger with the heme (sort of a artificial blood taste).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impossible_Foods
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

KFC is trying out some vegan style chicken recipes (all vegan, no meat). They tested it out in Atlanta yesterday. Sold out in 5 hours!

https://www.engadget.com/2019/08/27/kfc ... n-popular/

It's amazing how fast the culture is moving on this. Could it be, that we'll see a mostly vegetarian world in the next 50 years or so?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

A true mind and true intent bring truth within truth. True practice and true cultivation take the truth beyond truth. True behavior and true conduct add truth to truth. In everything and every way, be true, true, true. Master Hua
Brahma Das

Post by Brahma Das »

DNS wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:22 pm Perhaps a sign that vegetarian diets are increasing in popularity. :thumbsup:
Yes, and this is thanks to vegetarian-drawn Spiritual Movements especially, from Vaishnavism to Buddhism to the 7th Day Adventist Church, large amounts of people have been becoming vegan and vegetarian in the West, as well as many people reducing their meat intake at meals. The good Gautama Buddha did both for the Vedic Path in instilling in Brahminism the need to stop animal sacrifices when they were getting out of hand, and for the rest of the world by providing a perfect path to Cessation, gave us a lifestyle that promotes veganism and vegetarianism, and it is the Saving Grace of our society. Is it enough? That is a serious question. My Guru says that because of all of the animal killing, the karma may result in war. People should not ignore other living beings' pain, stop their own, and turn to the Dharma. Om Mani Padme Hum. I am glad that there are countless people who have Cessated their material desires and attained Emancipation already, I sincerely hope society can fully be turned around.
Last edited by Brahma Das on Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But although I preach nirvana, this is not a true extinction. All phenomena from the very first have of themselves constantly borne the marks of tranquil extinction. Once the sons of the Buddha have carried out this way, then in a future existence they will be able to become Buddhas."
-The Lotus Sutra, Chapter Two, Expedient Means.