new terms of service rule

Learn about the goals of the forum, and the rules of the community.
DNS
Site Admin

new terms of service rule

Post by DNS »

Note the new addition to the terms of service:

https://www.dharmapaths.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2
No claiming to be a Buddha, samma-sam-buddha, or Metteyya (Maitreya), Krishna, God, etc.
The other DW forums already have this, we just forgot to put that here. Any posts with claims of being Buddha, God, etc will be removed or deleted. It is suggested that anyone believing this of themself, seek immediate therapy, psychological or psychiatric care. Forum members are not equipped to diagnose or treat mental illnesses, delusions of grandeur, etc, so please seek help with the appropriate professional mental health care personnel if this applies to you.
Nicholas

Re: new terms of service rule

Post by Nicholas »

This is an excellent addition. :clapping:

Humility regarding siddhis or powers, divine contacts and ones spiritual status are a keynote of those who are truly this way. :bow:

Making such claims for oneself is not healthy or good.
A true mind and true intent bring truth within truth. True practice and true cultivation take the truth beyond truth. True behavior and true conduct add truth to truth. In everything and every way, be true, true, true. Master Hua
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

When I saw there is a new rule I figured I'd better go click and see what I did this time. Now the weird thing is I don't remember seeing anyone doing anything like this.
Ajay0

Post by Ajay0 »

Inedible wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:44 am When I saw there is a new rule I figured I'd better go click and see what I did this time. Now the weird thing is I don't remember seeing anyone doing anything like this.
I have been a sorry witness of some in other forums, who out of delusion, had stated themselves to be enlightened, mainly to impress others. However their statements directly contradicted the philosophies they professed as well, which showed that ignorance and delusion due to ill-health were the main issues.

In some, the fear and panic of the Devil or hellfire was so intense, I found myself feeling sorry for them and wishing to console them, even though I did not believe in such stuff. :console:

It seemed to me a lot of unnecessary psychological suffering that people were inflicting on themselves through fear and guilt of a superficial nature.
Last edited by Ajay0 on Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

This one time I met a woman who said she is Archangel Michael, her husband was God, and her son is Jesus. She lost her job with DHS, a social services office, when we had to explain her views about how her Spirit Guide is Abbadon (personification of destruction) and her mission is to end the world. Way too much to describe.

But seriously, people here are great the way they are. I've started writing out The Diamond Cutter Sutra because of you people.
Brahma Das

Post by Brahma Das »

Han Solo: Chewie, is that you? Chewie! I can't see, pal. What's going on? Luke? Luke's crazy. He can't even take care of himself, much less rescue anybody. A Jedi knight? I'm out of it for a little while, everybody gets delusions of grandeur.

"But although I preach nirvana, this is not a true extinction. All phenomena from the very first have of themselves constantly borne the marks of tranquil extinction. Once the sons of the Buddha have carried out this way, then in a future existence they will be able to become Buddhas."
-The Lotus Sutra, Chapter Two, Expedient Means.