DWE has been taken down

Learn about the goals of the forum, and the rules of the community.
DNS
Site Admin

DWE has been taken down

Post by DNS »

https://www.dharmawheel.org/

DWE has been taken down due to lack of interest. There has been little to no activity there for quite some time. Activity might appear high on occasions but actually all it takes is a couple of posters posting in some threads, which makes them bump up to being active.

And there were numerous complaints about it from members over at our sister forums.
Nicholas

Re: DWE has been taken down

Post by Nicholas »

DNS wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:47 pm
And there were numerous complaints about it from members over at our sister forums.
What were the nature of the complaints?

We at sleepy Dharma Paths have our own little Engaged thread.

EDIT - Just read your remarks at Dhamma Wheel, so never mind repeating them here. I get it - cancellation of heretical views is a major plank in the "Mahayana" of the leading lights on Dharma Wheel.
A true mind and true intent bring truth within truth. True practice and true cultivation take the truth beyond truth. True behavior and true conduct add truth to truth. In everything and every way, be true, true, true. Master Hua
Ajay0

Post by Ajay0 »

I would credit Dharmawheel for pointing the direction to Dharma paths, for my kind of posts related to the Dharmic religions and taoism and Abrahamic religious philosophies. Till then, I was unaware of the existence of the super-cool Dharma paths as a forum. I still wonder how I had missed it all these years. :anjali:
Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

All of the Wheels still in existence have something valuable to offer. DWE was more like a crank wheel and didn't reflect well on the other websites in my opinion. :anjali:
Last edited by Archie2009 on Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Archie2009 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:16 am All of the Wheels still in existence have something valuable to offer. DWE was more like a crank wheel and didn't reflect well on the other websites in my opinion. :anjali:
Thank goodness for cranks & odd ones, :crazy: they stimulate we proper thinkers.
A true mind and true intent bring truth within truth. True practice and true cultivation take the truth beyond truth. True behavior and true conduct add truth to truth. In everything and every way, be true, true, true. Master Hua
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Nicholas wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:37 pm
Archie2009 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:16 am All of the Wheels still in existence have something valuable to offer. DWE was more like a crank wheel and didn't reflect well on the other websites in my opinion. :anjali:
Thank goodness for cranks & odd ones, :crazy: they stimulate we proper thinkers.
Self-liberate that thought! ;)