Love is only way

A place to compare and contrast Dharmic traditions, debates allowed, but be polite.
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Love is only way

Post by DNS »

Brahma Das wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:04 am I want to point out that your chosen Paths are just as powerful, and I respect and learn from them. I deeply Love Buddhism and have always considered myself a Buddhist, and am tied to Blavatsky in the fullest way, so everything you are all doing is Wonderful. I beleive I am enough Metta, I beleive you are enough Metta too,
:thumbsup:

For me, as a Buddhist; Love is not God and God is not Love. If we need a God term, I'm okay with that, but I would call God something like:

1. The Truth
2. Dhamma
3. Dharma
4. The Dao
5. The Force
6. Moksha / Nirvana
7. Awakening / Nibbana
Brahma Das

Post by Brahma Das »

DNS wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:33 pm
Brahma Das wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:04 am I want to point out that your chosen Paths are just as powerful, and I respect and learn from them. I deeply Love Buddhism and have always considered myself a Buddhist, and am tied to Blavatsky in the fullest way, so everything you are all doing is Wonderful. I beleive I am enough Metta, I beleive you are enough Metta too,
:thumbsup:

For me, as a Buddhist; Love is not God and God is not Love. If we need a God term, I'm okay with that, but I would call God something like:

1. The Truth
2. Dhamma
3. Dharma
4. The Dao
5. The Force
6. Moksha / Nirvana
7. Awakening / Nibbana
Aren't all of those things Love? Awakening and Nirvana are the Highest Love. I can understand someone disconnecting a mundane experience with human connection and Nirvana from eachother based on suffering, but even giving someone a slice of bread is an act of compassion, of Love.

Quan Yin once said, and has many times said, that anyone manifesting any amount of compassion for someone is manifesting Her qualities, and is in that moment Quan Yin. So that is Love. God is fully there in all acts of compassion. Thich Nhat Hanh has said that God is the basic goodness within us. Jesus Christ has said only God is good, in a strongly pointed rhetorical question once. And on the cross, Jesus suffered greatly as God in the Flesh, yet it was an act of Love for all of mankind. Jesus Christ is both God and Love in the Flesh.

I understand that in Buddhism there is an expanse of Gods such as Brahma, Shakra, Yama, Narayan, also apparent in the Hindu hierarchy of demigods and Avatars of Vishnu, and some Theravada Buddhists are reluctant to say that these Gods are Enlightened, or that our goal should be like to become like them, since there are many stories in the Suttas of even such as a powerful Brahma reincarnating as a pig in a pig pen. But no one can be Brahma, Shakra, Yama, or Narayan, without being Enlightened. It is true that not all demigods are Enlightened, but most are great Bodhisattvas, and the most powerful ones like I mentioned, are Enlightened because of the importance of their position in administrative affairs in the Universe. To be considered fully God or "a God" or an Avatar of God, one must be Enlightened, otherwise one simply has a High Place without the full realization, though most demigods are Gods according to this funny mish-mash of terms. But one cannot be a Brahma, for example, without being a Buddha, otherwise the determination to steward a Universe for many trillions of years will not be as stalwart and Spiritually Masterful. If Brahma decides to incarnate as a pig in another existence, it is because of their mercy and decision to help the pig species with their presence, it is an act of Love we are all capable of, despite the filth and disease of the situation.

The goal of Buddhism is to be Enlightened. If our goal was to become Brahma or Shakra then we would misunderstand the point, though Brahma and Shakra are both Enlightened. Once someone is Enlightened, then they can become whoever they want to be Brahma, Shakra, Narayan, even someone like the Dalai Lama. And these are all God. A Buddha is God, and since the basic goodness within someone is God, and Love is always good, then that good is Love, and always God. Love is never a bad thing, and if it is only good, it is therefore God. It is Om!

Namaste!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo.
Riju

Post by Riju »

The way does not end at Love. It goes beyond.
The best example is the relation between hand and a body of a human being.
Hand does not love body and neither body loves hand, but the relationship goes much beyond. If any harm happens to the hand , body will miss the hand and suffer equally.

They are one and the same and yet they have not merged in each other. They have a separate entity.
Same way when Love goes beyond and is yet not merged. we can call that as the end of the way.
Brahma Das

Post by Brahma Das »

Riju wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:24 am The way does not end at Love. It goes beyond.
The best example is the relation between hand and a body of a human being.
Hand does not love body and neither body loves hand, but the relationship goes much beyond. If any harm happens to the hand , body will miss the hand and suffer equally.

They are one and the same and yet they have not merged in each other. They have a separate entity.
Same way when Love goes beyond and is yet not merged. we can call that as the end of the way.
There is no end to Love.
Riju

Post by Riju »

Body and hand are separate entities, and yet they corelate with each other,
Both without each other are imperfect. There is no love here. There is only WISDOM. And the WISDOM is that we complement each other and hence no merging also.

While LOVE in the end creates merging into the source. And this is not right. It is a wrong done to the right thing. Merging is not correct. Arhant also ends in merging and hence the greatest advice of Guatam Buddha is that arhant is to be rejected and path should proceed further.

Love should also at some stage end in WISDOM , otherwise all the past journey is waste.

Think!!
Brahma Das

Post by Brahma Das »

There is no end to the Spiritual Path and there is no end to Love. Love is infinite, Unlimited, Eternal, indestructible, and what constitutes the Soul and is the basis for being and even non-being. Love is Krishna. Love is who you are Riju. So therefore one may merge into God, just like one may drink a cup of coffee, but that is only a step along the Path, a kiss, a wave hello or Goodbye, it isn't the "end." It is just a part of the Journey, and Love goes on forever. No Matter What.
Brahma Das

Post by Brahma Das »

Also what wisdom is there without Love? The wicked are not wise. Only Love is wise. And no True Love is unwise. God is indestructible. And God is Love.

Continue on your Path. This brief lightnig flash of the material world isn't even five seconds in the Spiritual World in it's entire scope. So don't let this material place drag you down. Stop looking for end states, they are not there. Abide in the joy of Buddhahood and in the infinity of Love, and your compassion will have no bounds. Om Shri Kalki.
Ajay0

Post by Ajay0 »

Brahma Das wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:22 am Love is what brings people to understand Truth. There is no other Way.
I don't agree that love is the only way to truth. But I agree that it is faster than the intellect in attaining intuitive knowledge.

But it also has its pitfalls, as fanaticism has its origin in excess of emotional attachments reducing mental clarity.

Emotion is the juice of life. When out of control, it becomes madness.~ Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev

One simple thing that can transform a human being is emotion. Your emotion can drag you into the gutter or it can take you to the highest peak of consciousness. ~ Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev

You might find this article by Sadhguru on Bhakti yoga interesting...

https://isha.sadhguru.org/yoga/yoga-art ... akti-yoga/
Last edited by Ajay0 on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Brahma Das

Post by Brahma Das »

Love isn't the only emotion. And there is no real understanding without a Loving mind. That is called unenlightenment and thinking one is lost in the material world due to them not being able to perceive the Supreme Lord right in front of them in a Loving manner, with the pulp of Love.

In this fallen world someone may build a rocket or weapon or some such evil device, but they actually have not known what they have done, it's implications, or karmic effects, and the end result is madness, or distress, or war. So that's why Love is so important. Love and compassion are the basis for all of the 6 Paramitas, and Love and compassion fully completes them. Love is God in the flesh that prevents others from causing harm to eachother.

It is the other parts of someone that are not Love that complicate things, that put one into a wretched life, or hurt the world. Not Love. There is sometimes great sorrow and distress in the minds of very Loving people, true, but that is because we are in the material world. There are only a few things we can do: suffer and fail until we achieve Bodhicitta, or become a Bodhisattva then a Buddha while liberating others, or leave the Saha world fully. But until we leave the material world there will be it's pangs, so that is why Buddhism is here to teach us how to Love eachother. Because if we don't have that, we don't even have Buddhism. Love is the destiny for all beings, and it is endless infinity that saves the mortal mind from drowning in the sea of material suffering. Om.
Last edited by Brahma Das on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brahma Das

Post by Brahma Das »

That Sadhguru article is quite nice, thank you for sharing. Om Mani Padme Hum :anjali: .