Victims of Communism

The best place for the discussion of current events and politics. A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Nicholas

Re: Victims of Communism

Post by Nicholas »

There are now several YouTube stories of North Korean defectors who finally made it to USA; here is one:

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Mark Levin's latest best seller, American Marxism, is trying to stop America from becoming a victim. Here is how he begins:
The counterrevolution to the American Revolution is in full force. And it can
no longer be dismissed or ignored, for it is devouring our society and culture,
swirling around our everyday lives, and ubiquitous in our politics, schools,
media, and entertainment. Once a mostly unrelatable, fringe, and subterranean
movement, it is here—it is everywhere. You, your children, and your
grandchildren are now immersed in it, and it threatens to destroy the greatest
nation ever established, along with your freedom, family, and security. Of course,
the primary difference between the counterrevolution and the American
Revolution is that the former seeks to destroy American society and impose
autocratic rule, and the latter sought to protect American society and institute
representative government.

The counterrevolution or movement of which I speak is Marxism. I have
written about Marxism at length in two earlier books—Ameritopia and
Rediscovering Americanism and the Tyranny of Progressivism—and discuss it
regularly on my radio and television shows. There are also untold numbers of
books written about Marxism. It is not my purpose to contribute yet another
long treatise to the many that exist, nor is it possible given the focus and
limitations of this book. But the application and adaption of core Marxist
teachings to American society and culture—what I call American Marxism—
must be addressed and confronted, lest we are smothered by its modern
manifestations. And make no mistake, the situation today is dire.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

DNS wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:19 am
Splendid knee slapper - I sent it all around!
Brahma Das

Post by Brahma Das »

DNS wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:19 am
I wonder if that AK-47 he has is real. :guns: I hope not.

In Russia, there's still a mandatory two year army service for male adults, even in their newly crafted Democracy. They're crazy about their AK-47s, even after communism, for a while it was part of the standard issue for police there, and it's such a mass produced weapon that's means is killing other humans, it is too bad so many people use it. I remember watching some police officers standing with AK-47's around their arms, just smoking cigarettes. Some Russian cosmonauts brought vodka and cigarettes into Space on occasion. Oh, those Russians! I am from Russia, and it brings back many warm memories too, but it is a heavily depressed Nation for some, others, they just stopped caring, especially during the hectic times of Communism, there were many people who just let go and found their own happiness in the nothingness of the subtle art of not caring. That's why vodka is a big thing there. Water and alcohol. And the standard prison issue there was once bread and water.

Regardless, there is a lot of beauty in Russia, one just has to find it, and there are many devoted Buddhists, Buddhism has grown in Russia in the past number of years, and so has Vaishnavism. Namaste. Om Mani Padme Hum.
"But although I preach nirvana, this is not a true extinction. All phenomena from the very first have of themselves constantly borne the marks of tranquil extinction. Once the sons of the Buddha have carried out this way, then in a future existence they will be able to become Buddhas."
-The Lotus Sutra, Chapter Two, Expedient Means.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

American Marxism is still #1 as NY Times best seller in non-fiction!! Here is how chapter two, "Breeding Mobs" begins:

Almost a decade ago, and before Antifa was widely known and Black Lives
Matter (BLM) was established, I wrote of mass movements in my book
Ameritopia in the framework of utopianism. Utopianism, whether in the form
of Marxism, fascism, or some other form of autocratic statism, is alluring to
many because at their core they make glorious claims of a paradisiacal future and
the perfectibility of man, if only the existing society and culture are radically
transformed or abandoned altogether, and the individual surrenders more of his
liberty, free will, and security to the cause. Such is the nature of mass movements.

I explained further that mass movements attempt to devour the individual in
two ways: consume his identity and uniqueness, thereby making him
indistinguishable from “the masses,” but also assigning him a group identity
based on race, age, income, etc., to draw class distinctions. “This way [the
demagogues and propagandists] can speak to the well-being of ‘the people’ as a
whole while dividing them against themselves, thereby stampeding them in one
direction or another as necessary to collapse the existing society or rule over the
new one.”
Brahma Das

Post by Brahma Das »

One may notice that in overbearing totalitarian governments, the Spiritual Aspect of society becomes greatly under attack. The false Chinese government persecuting Tibetan Buddhism, and current hurtful persecution of Muslims, and the fascists of Germany murdering the Jews, and the USSR persecuting the Christian Church. With the Spiritual Aspect of society persecuted and muzzled, these totalitarian governments decide to illegally corrupt the morals in an unfair government, under the illusive façade of a better tomorrow, "but not yet today." This is an effect of not following the principles of mindfulness and Karuna.
Last edited by Brahma Das on Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But although I preach nirvana, this is not a true extinction. All phenomena from the very first have of themselves constantly borne the marks of tranquil extinction. Once the sons of the Buddha have carried out this way, then in a future existence they will be able to become Buddhas."
-The Lotus Sutra, Chapter Two, Expedient Means.
Ajay0

Post by Ajay0 »

I came across this article recently of mass graves unearthed in Ukraine, believed to have been part of Stalin's purges.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... 180978570/

Communism started as a benevolent conception of Marx to emancipate the lower classes, workers and farmers all over the world, but unfortunately it lacked able leaders who could have brought about this emancipation without all this bloodshed , senseless killings, purges and concentration camps.

Scientific materialism and nihilism were elements of the communist philosophy and ideology, which did not help the cause of humanism much, and the ends justified the means, no matter how violent and destructive it was.
Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Nicholas

Re: The Devil & Karl Marx

Post by Nicholas »

"Communism started as a benevolent conception of Marx..." What a hoot! Please read Kengor's recent book, The Devil and Karl Marx.
Nicholas wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:57 pm The first two sections of this 400+ page book are biographical, while the rest is more about the Devil & communism. Paul Kengor has penned another fine survey of the demonic forces abounding nowadays.

https://www.tanbooks.com/the-devil-and-karl-marx.html
From the publisher's blurb:
Two decades after the publication of The Black Book of Communism, nearly everyone is, or at least should be, aware of the immense evil produced by that devilish ideology first hatched when Karl Marx penned his Communist Manifesto two centuries ago. Far too many people, however, separate Marx the man from the evils wrought by the oppressive ideology and theory that bears his name. That is a grave mistake. Not only did the horrific results of Marxism follow directly from Marx’s twisted ideas, but the man himself penned some downright devilish things. Well before Karl Marx was writing about the hell of communism, he was writing about hell.

“Thus Heaven I’ve forfeited, I know it full well,” he wrote in a poem in 1837, a decade before his Manifesto. “My soul, once true to God, is chosen for Hell.” That certainly seemed to be the perverse destiny for Marx’s ideology, which consigned to death over 100 million souls in the twentieth century alone.

No other theory in all of history has led to the deaths of so many innocents. How could the Father of Lies not be involved?

At long last, here, in this book by Professor Paul Kengor, is a close, careful look at the diabolical side of Karl Marx, a side of a man whose fascination with the devil and his domain would echo into the twentieth century and continue to wreak havoc today. It is a tragic portrait of a man and an ideology, a chilling retrospective on an evil that should have never been let out of its pit.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The visitor is correct. Here is a N. Korean who escaped. Yeonmi Park (has her own YouTube channel) confirms and gives more details about the Commie Cult that runs N. Korea: