Sharing experiences after understanding 'On Your Way Home'

A place to discuss Buddhism in general, Theravada, Mahayana, Vajrayana, Dzogchen, etc.
PeterC86

Sharing experiences after understanding 'On Your Way Home'

Post by PeterC86 »

Hi,

This topic is to create a place to share our experiences after being liberated through reading the book 'On Your Way Home'. To be clear; this topic is not intended to discuss the book or the path, please do that in the 'On Your Way Home' topic, or somewhere else. I must stress that this topic is not the place to respond if you have not completely understood the book. If you are not sure about this, or you want to share your experiences on your way to liberation, I also refer to the 'On Your Way Home' topic. Please also do not question the intention or function of this topic, or any post in it. I get that this all may come off as elitist for the uninformed reader, but I have to set clear boundaries in order for this to work, and the book is free for all.

This topic is only intended to share experiences after being liberated, and it has the aim of meeting fellow liberated ones, as well as being a place to learn from each other. Because being liberated is not the end of the story, as living in a world with captured people, presents its challenges.

This is also the place where I can hopefully converse more freely, as until now I mostly had to deal with people who only wanted to protect their truths. I responded to them in a provocative and rather harsh way, to lure out their intentions, to not get drawn into fruitless discussions. I am not perfect, and I am not here to save the world, at least not intentionally. ;) Maybe I can show my humble and gentle side here. The book contains all my knowledge about the path, and everybody who has read it and understands it, has the same knowledge as me. Only our experiences differ.

Before I start off, I must say that being liberated is the best thing that ever happened to me. No sense of words can capture the feeling of being free from any psychological problem or fundamental doubt.

But as I mentioned, living in this state and place of the world presents its challenges. I live in Germany, and I experience engaging in close contact with unliberated/samsaric minds to be weary. I don't mean engaging in contact with the girl behind the counter, but engaging in friendly relationships over time. As the conversations go deeper, they automatically lead to samsaric causes, and it is here that I cannot help them, besides showing the book. These relationships wear me down, as the better I know them, the more I become aware of our distance. So I tend to keep mostly to myself, and only hold a few relationships.

I also experience it weary to play a certain role, in contact with others. Once I became free of the pre-destined roles everybody lives in, I still invent some kind of persona, when engaging with others. Until now, this has led me to take up a different role with each person I engage with. It is not that I can simply say, "I am liberated, and therefore I act the way I do, deal with it." Well I can, but it would probably lead to adverse effects. Maybe I will try, just to see what happens. :)

I look forward to meeting you!
Brahma Das

Re: Sharing experiences after understanding 'On Your Way Home'

Post by Brahma Das »

I liked the book and I think you have a good understanding of what you were writing and the purpose behind it. I think that what helped me when I read it was understanding your perspective, and meditating on your compassion for others in it’s intent I feel like you have a great determination to help others in the world of Buddhism. Even if one is fully liberated and an Enlightened Arya, they can still make progress in Buddhism because even if one is a fully Awakened Buddha, all Love is still considered progress, and Buddhas never cease to Love, therefore they never cease to have the potential for and a continuance of progress! So what most exited me about your book was how much more one could do, and you could do to do more work in Buddhism by progressing your perceptions towards what you really want to show the world with as your True Love. Do you know your True Love? I’m sure you do. You can do so much with your True Love, and for that reason you should accept your book, at all times as a valid and honest Buddhist work, and don’t ever give up on Buddhism.

One thing I would like to present to you though, and I say this as a fellow Buddhist, is that all Buddhism is valid and comes from the Dharma. So thank you for helping Buddhism with your book, and thank you for not giving up on Buddhism. You are needed for the Dharma, the Buddha, and the Sangha. Buddhism needs you, so live your life to the fullest. Namaste.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo.
PeterC86

Re: Sharing experiences after understanding 'On Your Way Home'

Post by PeterC86 »

Brahma Das wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:14 am
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo.
Hi Nam Myoho Renge Kyo,

Thank you for your kind words, and for radiating love.

I wish you well.

Warm regards,
Peter