Finally landed!

We would love to meet you... say hello here.
Cornelia

Finally landed!

Post by Cornelia »

Hi!

I finally landed from a 2-day flight from DW. I had to avoid conflict with certain brands, and then the ubiquitous, suffocating mods.

About myself: I am Christian by default and over at DW I wore my aunt's name in memory of her.
Here, I'm myself. I don't have a self, but for the sake of the topic, let's resume with a name given around the time of my birth!
I followed on my dad's footsteps for a while. My mom pulled me in another direction. After 1 year of nursing in which I completed my fundamentals, I was in the same position as when I was born: being latent.

With duty out of the way, I'm ready to talk in a relaxed manner about topics accessible and meaningful to me, good mental constructs, etc. I am curious and not a Buddhist.

I was searching for solutions out of a cult situation when I remembered that I was in the 90's when I was to meet with the Dalai Lama. And while I was resting and digesting out of the cult and its ex-members group, there is this announcement of an online webcast of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu. He reads the lungs and then agitation starts. He is my root guru, but I had no idea what he was speaking about. He passed away and left behind a large sangha around the world mourning. He created a whole new Universe which collapsed when he passed away.

Searching for a Buddhist center in town, and also for ways that my altar should look, I come across a center. From the vajrachakra.com site on which Malcolm showed little interest, I learn of Garchen R.. He is recognized as a Mahasiddha by ChNN. I like Garchen R. because he gives teachings that are not empty, they have meaning and he does not fall in traps of pride or of gathering riches. I met him in person when he came to visit the Dharma center in town. It was like "Hey, the world started in a small village in the most natural way." :lol:

Before these 2 Buddhas, I came across Dr. Mark Dyczkowski and his "Doctrine of vibration".
I make for a bad warrior, and I would like to cherish the memories I have with my teachers. It is not much that they taught me that is why I came to Dharma Paths.

For the Universe, just to make sure that everything is kept under control, when ChNN was alive, 30k plastic ducks were released on the river. In the night preceding it, my mind put one segment next to the other, and Boom! the realization that I don't exist, that there was no one mind meditating that came over me. That's how it was with the nature of mind: it was spontaneous, probably by the grace of the guru and there was nothing more to put on top of it. Today, the said release of ducks celebrates the Special Olympics.

The rest of the road I went with the flow.

Presentation dedicated to root guru and Garchen R.
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Finally landed!

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DP!

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Greetings and salutations Cornelia!
A true mind and true intent bring truth within truth. True practice and true cultivation take the truth beyond truth. True behavior and true conduct add truth to truth. In everything and every way, be true, true, true. Master Hua
Cornelia

Post by Cornelia »

Thank you for your welcome!
I'm happy to be in such great company.
I think you bring sensible contributions to informing others, sentient beings, spreading the Dharma.
We need to become teachers ourselves, have the aspiration, and my legitimate question is "if not now, then when?".
That is what is in the back of my mind... that one day I will come to that bridge and be able to cross it.
Then if I can do it, others can follow.
Brahma Das

Post by Brahma Das »

:twisted: :freak: :tech: :beer: :heart:
Welcome here!

I wish I could post on DW but the invisible hand of the Stream Bamboo Raft Market has kept me on Theravada websites, with which I am happy to share epithets of the Lotus Sutra in parables with as I am more and more converting to full Nichiren Buddhism.

Jesus is the Light!
Last edited by Brahma Das on Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But although I preach nirvana, this is not a true extinction. All phenomena from the very first have of themselves constantly borne the marks of tranquil extinction. Once the sons of the Buddha have carried out this way, then in a future existence they will be able to become Buddhas."
-The Lotus Sutra, Chapter Two, Expedient Means.
Cornelia

Post by Cornelia »

Brahma Das wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:29 am :twisted: :freak: :tech: :beer: :heart:
Welcome here!

I wish I could post on DW but the invisible hand of the Stream Bamboo Raft Market has kept me on Theravada websites, with which I am happy to share epithets of the Lotus Sutra in parables with as I am more and more converting to full Nichiren Buddhism.

"Jesus is the Light!"
I saw what you wrote. And I also tried a bit of chanting when everything was feeling stuck in the same rut.

"Jesus is the Light!"
As in lighting the way, yes. But he does not emit light. :lol: If we're to continue the conversation, you have to come up with your first name. ;)
Brahma Das

Post by Brahma Das »

"I Am the Light of the World" (John 8:12)

The Transfiguration.
1After six days Jesus took with Him Peter, James, and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 2There He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. 3Suddenly Moses and Elijah appeared before them, talking with Jesus.…

My name is Könchok Chödrak Senggé.
"But although I preach nirvana, this is not a true extinction. All phenomena from the very first have of themselves constantly borne the marks of tranquil extinction. Once the sons of the Buddha have carried out this way, then in a future existence they will be able to become Buddhas."
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Cornelia,
I was searching for solutions out of a cult situation ... And while I was resting and digesting out of the cult and its ex-members group...
What was the cult? Naming this side-path may help others to stay away from this cult.
A true mind and true intent bring truth within truth. True practice and true cultivation take the truth beyond truth. True behavior and true conduct add truth to truth. In everything and every way, be true, true, true. Master Hua
Cornelia

Post by Cornelia »

If you want, let's move this to another topic!
Thanks, good night!
Brahma Das

Post by Brahma Das »

Thank you Cornelia! Be happy. :juggling:
Cornelia

Post by Cornelia »

I will answer without quoting.
he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life - same verse - John 8:12
The transfiguration is a self-transfiguration? I don't know. I'll do it.
He showed up as himself, Moses and Elijah, all 3 talking. He wouldn't let me see it, then I would not see it. It's not the clothes, and it's not His face.

Nice to meet you, Chödrak Senggé!