Nonviolent expressions of the Dharma, vegetarian debate
DNS
Site Admin

Vegan honey!

Post by DNS »

Nicholas

Re: Vegan honey!

Post by Nicholas »

Not amazing, except the human tendency to fix every problem of the planet by focusing on making sure we humans get what we desire. In this case, the taste of honey.
We know that human actions are weakening & killing the bees, and golly that is horrible. But instead of humanity removing the human caused actions to save the bees, they come up with a corporate "scientific" fix. Not to "fix" the bees but how to enjoy honey without them.
Never mind if food shortages caused by no bees to pollinate occur and billions of people starve to death. Not to mention the damage of the planetary eco-system. As for the law of unintended consequences -- who cares, just please our taste buds.

This is himsa in action, not ahimsa.
A true mind and true intent bring truth within truth. True practice and true cultivation take the truth beyond truth. True behavior and true conduct add truth to truth. In everything and every way, be true, true, true. Master Hua
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Nicholas wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:12 pm Never mind if food shortages caused by no bees to pollinate occur and billions of people starve to death. Not to mention the damage of the planetary eco-system. As for the law of unintended consequences -- who cares, just please our taste buds.
Party pooper! :tongue:

But I understand, you're leery of all these unnatural methods, highly processed foods and fake-meats and I share that concern too.
Cornelia

Post by Cornelia »

Mmm, honeyiii!
I just discovered brown sugar has molasses which are good for your bones because of iron, copper, selenium and calcium.

But the honey....
Imagine the delicious baklava, the warm muffin, fresh bread, buns, pancakes, sauces, honey salted butter, yogurt, roasted carrots, crepes, breakfast oatmeal and farina and cream of wheat!
Honey and milk!

If you add a pinch of salt to honey, you make the taste 10 times more intense.
I remember reading 1001 nights and they were describing pies floating in a tray with syrup made of honey - the books of my youth. ;)
1,001 NIGHTS CAKE

For vegan eggs: https://trysimplyeggless.com/, https://zeroegg.com/, https://www.peta.org/living/food/vegan-eggs/
And raw honey was used in treating fresh wounds in an emergency. If you take honey to clear your throat, the same antibiotic effect it can have on a fresh wound with one condition: that of being fresh honey.

And then the meads ... And the kombucha mushroom ... It would like some green tea with honeyiii.
It's great news!