New Quran

Nicholas

New Quran

Post by Nicholas »

A best seller among Quran translations. It is by Robert Spencer:

https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/ ... 1642939491
A true mind and true intent bring truth within truth. True practice and true cultivation take the truth beyond truth. True behavior and true conduct add truth to truth. In everything and every way, be true, true, true. Master Hua
Inedible

Re: New Quran

Post by Inedible »

There are a lot of things I have gotten through. The Bible, The Book of Mormon, the Urantia Book, A Course In Miracles. Dianetics. Some Scientology. I couldn't get through The Quran. Do you think the new version would be easier to read? I just couldn't take all the horrible things Allah does combined with the constant praise for being such a good guy.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Inedible wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:25 am There are a lot of things I have gotten through. The Bible, The Book of Mormon, the Urantia Book, A Course In Miracles. Dianetics. Some Scientology. I couldn't get through The Quran. Do you think the new version would be easier to read? I just couldn't take all the horrible things Allah does combined with the constant praise for being such a good guy.
Have not read it yet myself, but Spencer uses Muslim critiques to expose the flaws. Still may be a slog to read it all, though.

This review encourages me to read it:

https://rossonl.wordpress.com/2022/04/2 ... -research/
A true mind and true intent bring truth within truth. True practice and true cultivation take the truth beyond truth. True behavior and true conduct add truth to truth. In everything and every way, be true, true, true. Master Hua
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Brahma Das

Post by Brahma Das »

I highly recommend the Quran. I give many different ones away. Right now I am waiting for a free one in the Mail myself. There are a number of agencies that provide free Qurans.

:heart:
"But although I preach nirvana, this is not a true extinction. All phenomena from the very first have of themselves constantly borne the marks of tranquil extinction. Once the sons of the Buddha have carried out this way, then in a future existence they will be able to become Buddhas."
-The Lotus Sutra, Chapter Two, Expedient Means.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

What do you recommend doing with the Quran? It isn't even good for putting you to sleep. The Book of Mormon is better for that.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Inedible wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:09 am What do you recommend doing with the Quran? It isn't even good for putting you to sleep. The Book of Mormon is better for that.
I suspect he has not read this critical version by Spencer, yet. It is not a sleepy one.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

An interview with Spencer by Abd Al Fadi on The Critical Quran:

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

The Qu'ran is not that long, if you don't count the prefaces, introductions, translator notes and comments, etc and just read the actual Surahs.